Friday 5 October 2012

First Finecast Model - Games Day Marine

I don't really play GW games any more, and I don't really buy GW models any more, but I love John Blanche's work and when I saw this year's Games Day model I was pretty sure I would end up getting one somehow.

In a stroke of luck a friend of mine was going to be there and agreed to pick on up for me. Result... or so I thought.

I've been following the Finecast issues since inception and was looking forward to getting my hands on one so I could make my own mind up about the quality of the material. So far, I have little positive to say.

Here are the shots of my miniature, with most of the flaws highlighted (though I found more after taking the shots).





The main issues for me are the holes/bubbles in the chin, shoulder rim and chest plate, as well as some odd detail loss on the eye cabling.

Then you add in the bubbles that are all over the model, and the bent angle to his sword and its clear this model is a reject.

I've sent two emails to GW with pictures so far, with no response. Time to pick up the phone and see if I can get a more positive result.

I really want to have this model in my collection, so am going to chase this for as long as it takes.

Hopefully a positive outcome in a future update.

No comments: