Saturday 5 January 2013

[Personal Work] Of Elves and Alligators

One of the things I have realised recently is that I own a lot of models... not as many as I used to, but still far too many. Even worse, many of these are not even built. They have never seen the table or had dice rolled in anger against them. That's just sad and has to change!

It may have come to your attention by now that Cryx is my one true love these days, and much of my pile of lead (all gamers have one right?) is comprised of masses of thralls in bits. Sort of apt really, a pile of body parts waiting the mad necrosurgeon (or in this case me) to come along and breath unlife into them.

Despite my love of all things Zombie,  the infantry swarm of yore is falling by the wayside to an extent at the moment. Something to do with giant electric blue robots and irritating blonde pole dancers or something...

So us Lich Lords are having to come up with new ideas in the fight against the living. Enter the mercs.

I was a purist for MKI, but sadly you can only fight the inevitable for so long. I have been picking up various merc solos and units for a while now and slowly slotting them in to my forces. Interestingly, most of the mercs I own are ranged... says something about Cryx I think.

To that end I am currently in the process of adding a full unit of Nyss Hunters, as well as Wrong Eye and Snapjaw to my current army list. Ok, the Voodoo Croc is not known for his ranged game, but he trumps the ranged meta brilliantly by ignoring it completely, hiding in his portable ponds with his overgrown handbag of a friend.

The Nyss bring both melee and ranged potential. CRA and hunter let me deal with some annoying things at range rather than up close, but they can always go in swinging with those claymores if it gets up close and personal.

While I am a fair way from putting paint on either of these options yet, assembly is going well. WEaSJ are done awaiting greenstuff, and I have done four of the elves. Considering these are comprised of 7-8 pieces each (all of which are pinned on mine) I am doing well. I am even adding all the optional extras to every model, so that's 3-4 parts on top of everything else.

So, raw fingers covered in glue, and still over half the unit to go... but I am hoping to bring them to battle tomorrow so I better press on.


While the glue was drying on SnapJaw I also found some time to continue my work on the ebay Nuln army. Nothing that impressive yet as I am overpainting some older minis, but the lack of actual paint in a blogpost would upset me, so this is better than nothing.

I should finish these up early next week, then its on to that Dreadball team that is on my desk I guess...


No comments: