Tuesday 1 January 2013

[Personal Work] New Year Update

Despite my best intentions and me putting in a reasonable amount of hobby time over the December period I failed to get any blog updates done... which was bad of me.

So, I had better remedy that now, and also hopefully kick start a more productive year with plenty of hobby coverage to keep all 15 of you entertained. If there are even 15 of you out there reading this.

One of the things that I have been becoming even more aware of these days is the vast amount of gaming crap I have built up again. When I moved to London I sold off vast amounts of GW minis, but still have three Conrfontation armies, not to mention all my Cryx, board games and sundry other bits and pieces hanging around.

With the Relic Knights kickstarter shipping rapidly approaching I need to clear out some space from the hobby room. To this end I am tidying up the remains of my GW stuff to ship on. Of course I will be keeping my Tyranids for the time being, I have spent a great deal of my Christmas holiday stripping and cleaning up these little blighters, so despite not being enamoured with 6th ed 40K I will hold on to them for now.

However, I still have odds and ends left from my fantasy armies, in particular my Empire. Despite my best efforts with ebay there seems to be a lack of interest in the Empire these days, at least in their raw form.

To that end I have decided to paint up what I have left of the army and hopefully get them to a point where people may actually take them off my hands.

My old empire army was painted up in the colours of Altdorf, but as this is a quick and dirty paint job I have decided to go Nuln as a lot of the work is done in the undercoat stage.

So far I have painted a mortar crew as well as half of a long gunner unit.
Some nice basing and using the red and khaki  as a spot colour helps grab attention despite the fairly plain overall scheme.





I'm hoping to get the remains of the "ranged" element of the army done this month, then reward myself with some characters. Then I will sort out the cavalry and finally the infantry. I should have about 1500- 2000 points by the time all is said and done, though I don't have the new army book so can't work it out exactly.

So, let me know what you think of the scheme. If you know anyone who might be interested in picking up some Empire models then feel free to pass them my way.

Expect another, slightly random update later in the week and hopefully we will be back to our regular Warmachine and Hordes schedule, as well as some new commissions in the not too distant future.

Thanks for reading and happy 2013.

No comments: